The Harvard graduate and former Oracle attorney reveals how she became CEO of her own line of natural hair products.
Welcome back, storytellers! Today’s high achiever is Chris-Tia Donaldson, a Detroit native, Harvard attorney, cancer survivor, and current CEO of Thank God It’s Natural (tgin), a manufacturer of natural hair and skin care products. The former Senior Corporate Counsel at Oracle is also author to #1 Amazon best seller, Thank God I’m Natural: The Ultimate Guide to Caring for Natural Hair, and is deeply committed to raising awareness of breast cancer and the benefits of early detection among women of color.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- The importance of building solid, strong, lasting business relationships
- The major lesson Chris-Tia learned from Harvard
- How being an attorney has helped Chris-Tia in her role of CEO
- Tips for balancing a full-time job and a side-hustle
- Challenges of being a black woman in Corporate America
- How to Successfully manage your side hustle with your full-time career
- How the most effective CEO’s delegate
- Why entrepreneurs need to be all over their receivables
- Tips for being an effective CEO
- Why critical thinking matters in the workplace
- How tgin doubled in revenue while Chris-Tia battled breast cancer
- What makes an effective leader
- The number one question every entrepreneur should be asking themselves
- Misconceptions of entrepreneurship
- Disparities in breast cancer treatment
- Economic factors of treating cancer
- How sharing your story can save the lives of others
- The benefit of using voice activation when sending emails
- The book Chris-Tia reads every single day
- and so much more
THEY SAID IT BEST
“2015 was the best year of my life and the worst year of my life.
“You know what, it’s now or never, I gotta do this, I could be gone tomorrow, and I never really gave this thing my full attention.
“Your cash is the lifeblood of your business.
“It’s hard and its very lonely.
“I gotta get to the north-side where white people get treatment.
CONNECT WITH CHRIS-TIA & TGIN
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THIS EPISODE
Thank God I’m Natural–The Ultimate Guide to Caring for and Maintaining Natural Hair by Chris-Tia Donaldson
Get on the Box- “Take your Shot with Henry Keculah, Jr.” – EP 18
Get on the Box- “Helping Millennials Skyrocket to Success with Jonathan Jones.” – EP 15
Essentialism by Greg McKewon
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of Get on the Box. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering inspiration through storytelling every week!
LISTEN TO PREVIOUS EPISODES OF GET ON THE BOX here
SHARE YOUR VOICE What was your favorite quote, or lesson from this episode?