“Your brand is the promise you make to your customers.” – Stephen A. Hart
Welcome back Story Tellers! Today’s main character is Stephen A. Hart (@stephenahart)
Born and raised in Jamaica, Stephen is a man of God, husband, father, brand and marketing strategist, serial entrepreneur, and host of Trailblazers.FM Stephen is a highly sought after Digital Brand Strategist and Marketing Professional who LOVES to help individuals and businesses design, build, and optimize their brand, digital/social media and marketing strategy.
Stephen started Trailblazers.FM after growing frustrated with the media’s portrayal of black people. The negative tone, and those touted as role models for black children usually include athletes, musicians, and reality television personalities. Many black men and women are doing amazing things and Stephen uses the Trailblazers.FM platform to share their stories each week.
During this easy going and wide ranging chat, Stephen and I discussed:
- The motivation behind starting Trailblazers.FM
- His philosophy of pouring into others
- His branding formula: A + MVP
- His definition of branding
- Why it’s important to brand yourself even if you don’t own a business
- Tips to building a highly optimized website
- Balancing family, career, and side hustle life
- and much more
THEY SAID IT BEST
“I have a firm belief that all boats rise with the tide.
You need to have your A plus MVP.
“Why aren’t we telling their stories?
“Your resume alone isn’t doing it anymore.
“Results happen in action, not in planning.
“God and family come first.h
“Write out your vision, write out your goals, and start working towards it.
“If it steps in front of my role as a father and as a husband, I’d be disappointed.
- You’re doing yourself a disservice if you aren’t taking your digital footprint seriously. You need to control the story being told about you.
- Branding isn’t just for businesses and entrepreneurs. We all need to takes proper steps to brand ourselves.
- Consumers are turning to social media (i.e Facebook) for recommendations. Businesses need to make it easy for potential customers to do business with them. How can they contact you? Is your website hyperlinked to your social media accounts?
- Is your website messaging clear? Within 5 secs of landing on your page, a visitor should know who you are and how to take action.
- Looking to start your side-hustle? Take Action! Don’t ever think that you don’t have the time.
CONNECT WITH STEPHEN
- Website: stephenahart.com
- Instagram: @stephenahart
- Facebook: Stephen A. Hart
- LinkedIn: Stephen A. I. Hart
- Twitter: @stephenahart
CONNECT & LISTEN TO TRAILBLAZERS.FM
stephenahart.com/services Let Stephen help you develop your personal brand.
OverDrive allows you to borrow eBooks, audio-books, and more from your local public library; anywhere, anytime. All you need is a library card.
Upwork helps you find a range of top talent, from programmers to designers, writers, customer support reps, and more.
Register for Podcast Movement 2018
Give a listen to my chat with Dr. Christopher Fasano on the Metabolic Meltdown Podcast
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Feeling inspired and more equipped to tell your story? If so, there’s a good chance someone else would be too. There’s power is sharing our stories with one another, so please share today’s episode with family and friends. Then head over to Apple Podcast and subscribe to our show so you never miss an episode. Finally, please consider proving us with an honest review, and ranking. Your feedback helps us produce a better show for you, and doing so helps the show expand its reach.
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: What was your favorite quote, or lesson from this episode? Please let us know in the comments.