“I want good people to win” – Ryan Hanley
As Chief Marketing Officer of Agency Nation, an insurance-centric digital media company, Ryan leverages his eight years as a retail insurance agent to educate and engage more than 300,000 insurance professionals annually. With more than a dozen Fortune 1000 insurance companies as clients, he uses social and content marketing to attract, nurture and deliver consumer attention to over 20,000 independent insurance agencies across the US, yielding millions in new business premium each year. Ryan shares his unique industry experience and expertise on YouTube, in “The Show.”
During our chat, Ryan shares:
- His struggle with insurance sales
- The two most valuable lessons of content marketing
- The real purpose of your website
- The importance of sharing content without the expectation of reciprocation
- How producing 100 videos has led to over $300,000 in revenue
- The money shot of content marketing
- The two types of people that do entrepreneurism the right way
- The misconceptions of entrepreneurship
- Why he wakes up at 5am
- How you can be a business professional and find creative outlets
- and so much more
THEY SAID IT BEST
“I hated, hated everything about the traditional sales process.
“Why would she say, lets connect on LinkedIn?
“It’s the creators that win.
“She was already sold before she even picked up the phone.
“This is a long term play.
“Content marketing works every time for every business.
“My Passion is also my business.
CONNECT WITH RYAN
Content Warfare: How to find your audience, tell your story and win the battle for attention online, by Ryan Hanley
The Dip: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (and When to Stick), by Seth Godin
SEE RYAN IN ACTION
Get your ticket to Agent 2021 today!
Get your ticket to Elevate 2018 today!
- If you’re not in the place (social media), you’re not part of the conversation. If you choose not to be on social media, you’re making a purposeful decision not to be part of the conversation. You’re choosing to do less business.
- The key to effective content marketing is to add value and give without expectation of reciprocation.
- You must be consistent! You never know what piece of content will drive revenue for your business.
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of Get on the Box. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering inspiration through storytelling every week!
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: What was your favorite quote, or lesson from this episode? Please let us know in the comments.