The co-founder of Planted Organics shares his recipe for launching a business from scratch
Welcome back squad! Today’s main character is Royston Souvenir. Royston is a chef, entrepreneur and one half of Planted Organics. He believes that everyone should have access to healthy, minimally processed food. Gaining valuable knowledge and insight into food through working at various NYC restaurants, Royston turned his passion into a product for everyone. Planted Organics was launched in September 2016 with a mission is to bring everyone closer to salad perfection, through concentrated dressings and marinades made with no salt, gluten, or preservatives.
IN THIS EPISODE ROYSTON SHARES:
- Why he chose to launch an organic salad dressing and marinade business
- His definition of entrepreneurship
- How being a former division 1 college hurdler helped him as a business owner
- The lessons learned from an expensive mistake
- Best practices for running a business with a partner
- How being open to learning new things has helped him as an entrepreneur
- The biggest misconception of entrepreneurship
- and more
THEY SAID IT BEST
“Nothing is happening here, so I might as well do something about it.
“Dream big but dream smart.
“Be prepared to do the work and don’t think its going to happen overnight.
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THIS EPISODE
Schedule your next appointment with Calendly
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of Get on the Box. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering inspiration through storytelling every week!
LISTEN TO PREVIOUS EPISODES OF GET ON THE BOX here
SHARE YOUR VOICE What was your favorite quote, or lesson from this episode?