The travel enthusiast and innovator shares how traveling the world has shaped his outlook on life.
Welcome back squad! Today’s main character is travel enthusiast and innovator, Dujon C. Smith. Dujon has been able to travel, work, and study in 48 countries, allowing him to develop strong intercultural communication and leadership skills. His unique and diverse experiences in the U.S and abroad have provided him with a detailed knowledge of a variety of business cultures.
Dujon is a Boren Scholar, member of the Scenemaker’s Board of the Goodman Theater, and active mentor in Chicago’s startup community. He is passionate about travel, technology and education, and his dream is to inspire others to expose themselves to new people, places and cultures. Currently, Dujon is an innovator working as a growth catalyst for Accenture.
IN THIS EPISODE DUJON SHARES:
- Why he loves traveling the world- 48 countries and counting
- How he raised money as a high school student in order to go on a class trip to Italy
- The two countries everyone should visit and why
- How visiting third world countries has helped shape his outlook on life
- His definition of a “social” entrepreneur
- What prompted him to launch Fernweh Luggage
- Disparities in capital access between minority and non-minority businesses
- How being an effective networker can help get your idea off the ground
- His why for wanting to be an entrepreneur
- How he balances his full time job with his side hustle
THEY SAID IT BEST
“I always told my family I wanted to see things outside my block.
“I have a heart for service.
“Network, Network, Network!
“What did I do today to ensure my life is better than it was yesterday.
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THIS EPISODE
Get on the Box- Episode 15– Helping Millennial’s skyrocket to success with Jonathan Jones
Pepperdine University – For the third year in a row, the Institute of International education ranked Pepperdine as the #1 University in the nation for the highest percentage of study abroad participation.
1871– Chicago’s Technology and Entrepreneurship Center
The Model Health Show – with host Shawn Stevenson
Entrepreneurs on Fire- with host John Dumas
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of Get on the Box. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering inspiration through storytelling every week!
LISTEN TO PREVIOUS EPISODES OF GET ON THE BOX here
SHARE YOUR VOICE What was your favorite quote, or lesson from this episode?