Joey Price, CEO of Jumpstart: HR LLC, warns startups not to make these hiring mistakes
Today’s high achiever is Joey Price. An award-winning Human Resource executive, business coach, thought leader, and professor, Joey is the founder of Jumpstart: HR, LLC, an HR consulting practice specifically for small businesses and startups, and host of Business, Life, and Coffee, a weekly personal and professional development podcast.
Joey is a recent SHRM Top 30 Under 30 award winner, one of Forbes Magazine’s Kevin Kruse’s Top 100 Employee Engagement Experts in the World, and frequently cited HR and Startup Thought Leader in publications such as Forbes, HR Magazine, Inc., Businessweek, AMEX Open Forum, Money Magazine, and more. He is also a #SouthwestStoryteller – an official Social Media Ambassador for Southwest Airlines.
- Pitfalls to avoid when hiring employees for the first time
- The critical role HR plays in effectively growing a business
- Joey and I are both Jay-Z fans!
- Best hiring advice- Be slow to hire
- When hiring employees start by hiring for specific tasks
- The hidden cost of replacing an employee- the cost will shock you
- Business owners should assign themselves an hourly rate
- A solopreneur can involve multiple participants in the interview process
- The only thing holding you back from starting a business is you
- Best advice Joey received from a mentor- “Wealth moves in stealth”
- Entrepreneurs get to choose “how they impact the world.”
- Apply this Wayne Gretzky quote to your business- ” skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it has been.”
- How starting a podcast can help you get in front of your ideal customer
- Joey’s daily routine always includes quiet time to read and learn
- Look for apps that give you structure in areas you are not structured
- Your biggest revenue generating asset is your body- take care of it
- and so much more
THEY SAID IT BEST
“HR is the one field that everybody needs.
“I really challenge businesses not to hire too fast.
“I try to stay in lockstep with my mentors.
“Wealth moves in stealth.
“You can be generous with your gifts the more you increase your territory.
CONNECT WITH JOEY
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THIS EPISODE
Jumpstart-Hr.com – Joey’s Website
Listen to Business, Life, & Coffee – Joey’s Podcast
The 4 – Hour Workweek by Tim Ferris
Bodybuilding.com – Download the Body Space APP
Theartoffitnessandlife.com – Julian Hayes
Link.Tree – Add more links to your Instagram bio
RIGHT TOOL FOR THE RIGHT JOB
Don’t forget to check out our resources page and discover helpful tools that will save you time, money, and a lot of frustration.
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of Get on the Box. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering inspiration through storytelling every week!
CATCH UP PREVIOUS EPISODES OF GET ON THE BOX HERE
SHARE YOUR VOICE What was your favorite lesson or key takeaway from this episode?