Jamerus Payton and Torrence Reed are graduates of North Carolina A&T State University in Greensboro, NC and the co-founders of HBCU Wall Street. They share a combined mission of being a solution for increasing economic opportunities and wealth in the black community, starting with our nation’s HBCU community.
Through live events, webinars, an online community and a growing social media following, HBCU Wall Street provides audiences with tangible know-how and tools of empowerment to immediately put themselves in a better psychological and financial position.
1. College students can start building wealth while attending college by fostering mutually beneficial relationships and investing in passive income streams.
2. Success leaves clues, but failure leaves evidence! You’ll learn more in failure then in instant success.
3. Don’t waste valuable time, money, and energy pursuing every idea. Instead, focus on what you do quicker, better, and faster then anybody else. Once you figure that out, test and validate it.
4. The one question every entrepreneur should ask themselves- “Are you passionate about what you’re doing?”
5. Business partnerships work best when you understand and accept each others strengths and weaknesses. “You gotta know who you’re in bed with.”
- Live an experiential life with Jason Arcemont
- Paying it forward with Dr. Anthony Jenkins
- Engineering your Greatness with STEM educator Dr. Nehemiah Mabry
CONNECT WITH HBCU WALL STREET
SHARE YOUR VOICE What was your favorite quote, or lesson from this episode?