‘If you can hit a target of 500 meters, you can cut that straight and perfect ” – Anthony Guadagnino
Welcome back Story Tellers! Today’s main character is Anthony Guadagnino (@veteranmadeny).
Anthony (aka Guads) is a United States Marine Corps OIF (Operation Iraqi Freedom) Veteran and current US Army SFC (Sergeant First Class) whose gone from defending the flag to building them, as owner and lead carpenter of Veteran Made Woodworks.
Anthony is full of passion, and non-stop energy.
During this wide ranging conversation, we discussed:
- How a simple D.I.Y. project served as a springboard to his business
- Why he wanted to be a Marine
- Best advise he’s received from mentors
- Having an entrepreneurial mindset
- Making time for what’s important
- How previous life experiences and jobs have helped him as a business owner
- The meaning behind each flag
- Learning on the go
- And so much more…
I’m saddened to share of the sudden passing of “Gus.” However, I’m glad I was able to capture a few moments of embrace between him and Anthony. Gus will be forever cherished by the Guadagnino family.
THEY SAID IT BEST
“Earned, never given.
“I wanted to be part of an elite fighting force and just go out there and blow stuff up.
‘It’s gotta be different, its gotta be exceptional.
“My first business plan was awful.
“I’m working for free, but this is mine.
“There’s gotta be a better way.
“It gets easier if you stop growing, if you stop innovating.
“I don’t want a machine making my product.
- Follow your passion, not the money.
- Invest in yourself, and your business, even if it means working for FREE.
- Running a business only gets “easier” once you stop learning, growing, and innovating.
- When building a business, give serious thought to what makes your product and services unique? What makes your business standout? What makes you a purple cow?
- We all are given the same amount of time to reach our goals. A big part of your ability to accomplish them lies in your ability to prioritize what’s important.
- Be persistent and stay the course. You can’t improve upon a process without first starting it.
- Running a business includes learning all aspects of it; even the not so fun stuff like accounting and tracking inventory.
CONNECT WITH ANTHONY
- Website: http://www.veteranmadeny.com
- Instagram: @veteranmadeny
- LinkedIn: Anthony Guadagnino
- Facebook: Veteran Made NY LLC
Follow @radsoapco and visit radsoap.com
Follow @metabolicmatt (aka Ice man) and visit metabolicmeltdown.com
Follow @troymarket and visit troymarket.com
Follow @troybid and visit downtowntroy.com
Visit Veterans Business Outreach Centers (VBOC)
Follow @1945speedandcustoms and visit 1945speedandcustom.com
Follow @msretrodixie and visit msdixiestattoo.com
Purple Cow, by Seth Godin
“I say just sleep a little faster”- Arnold Schwarznegger
“When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, that’s when you’ll be successful.” – ET the Hip Hop Preacher
HELP, I NEED YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS!
I shot this episode using an iPhone 7 plus, and BENRO Handheld Tripod 3 in 1 Self-portrait Monopod . I edited the footage (roughly 90 minutes worth) using Splice by GoPro, and then uploaded the final edition to my YouTube channel. I know, its Easy as 1-2-3 (not really). In the future, I hope to conduct more in-person interviews, especially with business owners throughout the Capital Region. It’ll be nice to highlight them and their place of business the same way I did above. However, I don’t want to do so on my camera phone. It’s tedious, takes up a ton of room on my phone, and takes forever to upload. I’m officially on the hunt for a camera, a boom-microphone, and any other piece of camera accessory that would help produce a quality interview. Any suggestions? If so, comment below. Please and thank you!! Of course, I’m always willing to collaborate with individuals who have an interest in recording and/or editing these interviews.
THANKS FOR WATCHING!
I appreciate you visiting our site today and viewing this episode.
Feeling inspired and more equipped to tell your story? Please share today’s episode with family and friends.
Subscribe to Get on the Box Podcast
Ratings, Reviews and Subscribes are extremely appreciated as they help us expand our reach. Please consider subscribing to the show on Apple Podcast , leave an honest review, and provide us with a 5 star ranking.
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: What was your favorite quote or lesson from this episode? Please let me know in the comments.
ANOTHER EPISODE YOU MAY LIKE: EP 04: Former NFL running back, and current trainer, Drew Smith
NEXT MAIN CHARACTER: GREG HENZEL AKA SAVING SWAMI