The founder and CEO of 2Words Character Development shares an empowering, and inspiring message to audiences of all backgrounds
Welcome back squad! Today’s main character is Stephen Mackey. The founder and CEO of 2Words Character Development, Mackey has spent the last 10 years helping students and leaders connect the dots between sports and the game of life. Bi-racial and born to a teenaged mother, Mackey beat the odds to become a first-generation college graduate, seminary trained-pastor, teacher, entrepreneur, and highly sought after communicator.
IN THIS EPISODE STEPHEN SHARES:
- Why you should consider holding your child back from starting kindergarten
- How he built up resources prior to launching 2Words Character Development
- His Get on the Box moment
- How previous work experience has helped him grow as an entrepreneur
- The definition of being a “one shoe” game.
- His definition of an athlete
- How to make the transition from motivation to discipline
- The benefits of learning how to say NO in service to a greater YES
- Misconceptions of entrepreneurship
- The question every entrepreneur should be asking themselves everyday
THEY SAID IT BEST
“I am the product of a village that chose to invest in me when they had no reason to.
“Statistically, people said that my life should be a failure.
“This is an overnight success 17 years in the making.
“Habit makes the hard stuff seem easy.
“Success is expensive but its currency is sacrifice.
CONNECT WITH STEPHEN
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THIS EPISODE
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of Get on the Box. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering inspiration through storytelling every week!
LISTEN TO PREVIOUS EPISODES OF GET ON THE BOX here
SHARE YOUR VOICE What was your favorite quote, or lesson from this episode?