The Harrison Blake Apparel founder shares tips on building a brand from scratch
Today’s main character is Richard Taylor. Richard (aka RL) is an award-winning author, business branding coach, podcast host and founder of Harrison Blake Apparel. The brand offers men’s neckties, accessories and monthly subscription clubs that help men look polished.His background in Manufacturing and Business Administration play a role in putting systems in place for success. Passionate about paying it forward, he has begun helping others reach their entrepreneurial goals as well.
IN THIS EPISODE RICHARD SHARES:
- The motivation behind starting Harrison Blake Apparel
- When building your brand, start small. Don’t do too much too fast.
- His definition of entrepreneurship
- The first step of starting a business- “Just get started with the idea”
- Why you should consider working with individuals outside your immediate inner circle
- How you can take advantage of a global economy when building your brand
- His favorite way to gain knowledge
- What every gentleman should have in their closet
- Why you should invest in a crisp white dress shirt
- 5 ways men can accessorize their look
- Why he posts on social media everyday
“You don’t have to be great to get started.
“I clowned you, but man you’re doing it.
“You’re not taking advantage of people, you’re taking advantage of the global economy.
“Shirts are one thing that an really make or break your look.
CONNECT WITH RICHARD
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THIS EPISODE
Life of a Gentleman Podcast
The life of a Gentleman YouTube channel
The Power of Broke, by Daymond John
PowerNomics:The National Plan to Empower Black America, by Dr. Claud Anderson
RIGHT TOOL FOR THE RIGHT JOB
Stop wasting valuable time and money. Visit our resources page and discover helpful tools that help you get started on your big ideas and dreams.
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of Get on the Box. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering inspiration through storytelling every week!
CATCH UP PREVIOUS EPISODES OF GET ON THE BOX HERE
SHARE YOUR VOICE What was your favorite lesson from this episode?