In celebration of Black History month, Get on the Box is pleased to present Black Excellence: Sharing the stories of High Achievers.” In this month long series, GOTB will publish two episodes per week (Wednesday and Sunday) highlighting the accomplishments and contributions of nine African American High Achievers.
“Kindness is underrated” – Jacques H. Bastien
With his diverse experience, Jacques consults with companies and teams on leadership, personal development, and productivity. He also instructs students on how to design mobile apps at the University at Albany and teaches creatives how to turn their passions into full-time professions.
Jacques has been featured in Forbes, Inc, Black Enterprise, Huffington Post, and more.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- How to build a business with limited resources
- Jacques definition of entrepreneurship
- The meaning of “Hustle years”
- How to improve representation and create opportunities for black creators
- The benefits of working side-by-side with your spouse
- The importance of knowing what advice to follow
- The misconceptions of needing money to start a business
- Why it may be best to remain a solo-preneur
- How to run lean and stay profitable by outsourcing projects
- The importance of kindness in business
- Jacques number one time saving app
- The two burning questions Jacques would want to ask Henry Ford
- How wearing a blazer helps you “stay ready”
- and so much more
THEY SAID IT BEST
“I’m a lifelong learner and lifelong teacher.
“Let me package this a certain way so I can make something from this.
“My best friend is also my business partner.
“There is no such thing as an overnight success.
“Don’t change yourself for the situation, just change the situation.
CONNECT WITH JACQUES
RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THIS EPISODE
Boogie.co is a multicultural marketing agency for today’s generation
Be Dope, get paid with Shade.co
Find Beautiful, high-res photos of black and brown people with Nappy.co
Bring life to your event with snappybooth.co
Get on the Box: “Helping millennials skyrocket with Jonathan Jones” – EP 15
Get on the Box: “Discover how to Brand You with Stephen A. Hart” – EP17
KwikBrain Podcast with Jim Kwick
SAVE TIME AND GROW WITH THESE TOOLS
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of Get on the Box. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering inspiration through storytelling every week!
SHARE YOUR VOICE What was your favorite quote, or lesson from this episode?