“Sometimes we got to say no to good things so we can do great things ” – Andy Holloway
Andy is the co-host of The Fantasy Footballers podcast. The Fantasy Footballers podcast is an award-winning independent fantasy football podcast that records and produces fantasy football content all year long. The show is focused on producing and developing content that is highly accurate, highly entertaining, and of a high production quality.
The show debuted in 2014 and is hosted by Andy Holloway, Jason Moore, and Mike “The Fantasy Hitman” Wright. As three longtime friends and former tech/gaming professionals, they saw a need for a fresh take in the fantasy football universe, so they hiked up their trousers, combed their beards, and went to work.
The Fantasy Footballers make it a priority to focus on a holistic approach to fantasy football expertise and advice. Fantasy football is more than stat sheets and excel docs. It’s about strategy, it’s about league formation and communication, it’s about trading strategies and draft day. It’s about winning the mental game, reading between the lines, finding the diamonds in the rough, and mocking your friends while you succeed.
During our chat, Andy and I discuss:
- Saying no to things that may be good, but not the best for your business
- The importance of staying in your lane
- How to create easy wins by placing a premium on quality
- The similarities of building a fantasy football team and building a business
- Making time for his family
- The historic coach he would like to have dinner with
- His Get on the Box moment
- Andy shares his why
- and much more
THEY SAID IT BEST
“It started as a passion project.
“Is it the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason?
“You don’t win your league at the draft.
“How do we apply a business mindset to a passion that we love?
“Hustle your butt off!
“This is going to be big.
CONNECT WITH THE FANTASY FOOTBALLERS
WATCH AN EPISODE
- Know when to say NO. Don’t say yes to every opportunity that comes your way. Stay in your lane and do what you do best.
- Much like fantasy football, there is only so much you can plan for when running a business. You must with change and be flexible enough to make adjustments on the go.
- As you build a team of employees, look to hire people that have a passion for the business and industry you serve.
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of Get on the Box. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering inspiration through storytelling every week!
SHARE THIS EPISODE: There’s power in not only telling your story, but in sharing the stories of others. Let’s learn, grow and be inspired one episode at a time.
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: What was your favorite quote, or lesson from this episode? Please let us know in the comments.